After a few thoughts and speculations concerning the arranging of the 2020 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards, (2020 VGMA) Charterhouse’s Theresa Ayoade, has demonstrated that it’s booked to happen in August. It wouldn’t be a virtual event but will have a socially distanced live audience.
This is because of President Akufo-Addo’s transition to facilitate a portion of the limitations set up to forestall the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“The challenges of putting together logistics and not being sure of expected revenue is a real issue.
In normal times, we will have been able to sell up to 4,000 tickets in VGMA-related events, but it is not so now,” Mrs Ayoade told Accra-based Joy FM.
She further anchored the entire organisation of this year’s event on the guidelines provided by the Tourism Ministry via the social media and other online platforms.
However, she disclosed that it won’t be a virtual event like the just-ended 3Music Awards. The 2020 VGMAs will have a live audience, with adherence to social-distancing and health protocols.
For Ghanaian artistes stuck abroad and the foreign audiences, Mrs Ayoade said that preparations for a virtual alternative, were underway.
- PROFILE – GET TO KNOW NANA MANUEL, SONGS, BIOGRAPHY AND MINISTRY
- Verna Active Sponsors Women In Worship Trivia Thursdays
- DJ Genie drops another crazy Mixtape “STRICTLY JESUS”
- Ghanaian Gospel Musician Niiella To Contest For Season 10 Of “Sunday Best” Gospel Music Reality Show
- GOSPEL ARTISTE IVY YIRENKYITO IS SET UNVEIL HER DEBUT SINGLE “KRONKRON” ON JULY 1